May 20-22, 2019, Birmingham, United Kingdom
May 20: Workshop held for ESRs, on “Machine Learning approaches to Engineering Data Optimisation”.
Talks given by University of Birmingham academic staff as follows:
- Leandro Minku (UoB) Talk title: “Statistical Comparison of Algorithms”
- Peter Tino (UoB) Talk title: “Dynamical Systems as Feature Representations for Learning from Temporal Data”
- Ata Kaban (UoB) Talk title: “Structure-aware Learning with Random Projections”
- Per Kristian Lehre (UoB) Talk title: “Self-adaptation in Evolutionary Computation”
- Zhao Xu Talk (NEC) Talk title: “Deep latent variable models”
May 21: Project management meeting. ESRs will also be given the opportunity to present and discuss their research topic, any new findings and allow for feedback from project supervisors.
May 22: ECOLE first “Project Check” meeting with the EU officer. Updates and discussion around project progression over the last 6-12months since the start of the project.